Jan 25, 2012

LESSology Challenge #10: Creative projects of Angi Barrs, Julie Tucker-Wolek and Linda Lapotka


Photobucket

Let's check out the floral delights from Angi Barrs, Julie Tucker-Wolek and Linda Lapotka! :)

Angi Barrs

Hello everyone! Angi here with a flower decor project for those of us who are "flower challenged". I can't make pretty flowers like my fellow dt members can...so I decided to "pretty up" my flowers for this project.


I used coffee filters to make a scallop shape to peek out from behind the Prima flowers. I also rolled small pieces of coffee filter to place next to each flower. I think it dresses it up quite a bit.


I love to "dress up" small kraft boxes so I must make more of these. I hope to see you all play along with us!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek


Hi everyone :)

I love to make paper flowers! They are a little time consuming, but when you have them on your finished product.. it's all worth it :)

For my project, I made paper flowers and added them to a 12x12 canvas with one of my favorite quotes :):):):)







Can't wait to see what everyone creates! :)  ~~Julie :)


Linda Lapotka


It's time for Challenge #10.  The challenge is "Floral Delight"  I l-o-v-e making flowers.  The hard part was picking which flower I wanted to make for this challenge. In the spirit of LESSology I decide to make my flowers from egg cartons. 


First I cut apart the cells and trimmed them down.  I made one petal that I liked and traced around it on the inside of the cell. Then I cut it out.


Next I mixed Ceramcoat Pearl Finish Acrylic Paint and re-inkers to get the color that I wanted.  I painted both sides and let them dry. Next I layered the flowers with hot glue and added a vintage button for a final touch.



And here you have my fun funky flowers.

I used my egg carton flowers on a journal to keep track of what I spend and sell each month. 




To watch how I made my flowers you can check out my YouTube channel (LindaLap) or visit my blog Scrapcat Cards by Linda.I hope you will join our challenge. I can't wait to see how your flowers bloom.


Aren't these fabulous? We would love to see your take on LESSology Challenge #10: Floral Delight!



9 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous projects Ladies!
TFS~

mandysea said...

superb!!! gorgeous work girls!!

oooh the egg carton flowers are such a great idea!!

Dora said...

How beautiful!

TesaB said...

Sooooo beautiful!!!! :)

~amy~ said...

Awesome projects!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just GORGEOUS Angi and Linda!! Loving both of your projects! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Art From The heart said...

Just awesome ! Thanks for sharing.

Katy said...

Wow!! These are gorgeous projects! Very inspiring!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful projects with beautiful blooms!!!