Jun 7, 2012

LESSology Challenge #15: Creative Inspiration of Amy Tsuruta and Shahrul Niza!

Photobucket

Hello...hello friends! Today we get to see Amy Tsuruta and Shahrul Niza's take on LESSolgy Challenge #15: The Bookend Challenge.

Amy Tsuruta

Hi All,

It's Amy, here to show you how the LESSolgy Challenge #15: The Bookend Challenge inspired me!

We love candles in our household and this particular Vanilla Cupcake one had finally run it's course...I certainly wasn't going to toss that cannister...


So I embellished it:


I used Heidi Stock's Summer Honey digi collection for the paper and the sentiment is

EAD Designs


Here's a pic of it in 'real' action:


I can't wait to see how this challenge inspires YOU!
Photobucket



Hi all. It's Shahrul here, with my debut post for LESSology Challenge #15 : The Bookend Challenge. So excited to share with everyone, my latest altered project :). I found some gorgeous little black vinyl records (~ 6.5 " in diameter) at the flea market recently and they were perfect for the bookends project!. So here what I made; bookends small enough to hold a few little old books!.




I used a couple of metal brackets from DIY store and a couple of wooden rulers to hold both ends together (the vinyls are so light and needed support, hence the rulers *wink*). I used brads to adhere brackets and vinyls to the rulers.

I left parts of the vinyls bare because they already looked gorgeous. The silver beads remind me of sparkly 'disco globes'!.

Although, I can't resist to decorate the insides with patterned papers, eyelets and laces.




I stamped some phrases on coordinating patterned papers and adhered to the rulers (both top and bottom). Sanded off the edges and distressed with archival ink.


Can't wait to see your creative ideas and have fun playing along with us!. Hugs.


~ Shahrul ~ 

Hope our fabulous design team has given you some fabulous ideas for creating your own bookends. We would love to see your entries for LESSology Challenge #15: The Bookend Challenge!  Please read our challenge rules to ensure eligibility for our prizes. :)

 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I just both of these!!!! You both ROCKED IT!!!!

Lynnda said...

Love them both!!! You both are awesome... hugs...xoxo

Shahrul Niza said...

Amy, the ceramic canister is totally GORGEOUS!!. You make me want to collect jars now :)).

~amy~ said...

Shahrul...awesome job!!!!