Sep 16, 2013

LESSology Challenge #29: Creative inspiration of Hussena Calcuttawala

 photo Challenge-29-Birthday-Party-design-team-projects_zps2504045a.jpg


Today's project is brought to you by our guest from India - Hussena Calcuttawala as she helps us celebrate our birthday. Let's check out what she brought to the LESSology Challenge #29: Birthday Party. :)


 photo Announcing-our-guest-designer-Hussena-Calcuttawala_zps39f11549.jpg


I have recycled a mini I-cod tablet box into a gift box which would make a perfect gift for any birthday celebration with some yummy chocolates placed inside.



To make the base of my box I have first taken some water-color paper and added texture to it by stenciling it with texture paste and the damask Prima stencil.I have added a dash of Lindy's sprays to my texture paste to give a hint of color to it.Then, I have distressed it completely using Spun Sugar and a bit of Fired Brick distress inks.Also, I have distressed the edges of the paper using my scissors and this forms the base of the box on the top and on the sides.I have then embellished it using MDF embellishments and my ever favorite flowers using Spellbinder dies and colored it using Distress Stains.A little bit of pearls here and there and some delicate foliage completes my project! :)



I have also decorated the insides of the box with some Martha Stewart punched laces and a base white paper.


Finally, added some yummy chocolates to it and my gift is ready to be shared :)

Hope you like this gifting idea.Most of us love to receive or give chocolates as gifts ad when it's packaged beautifully, it's all the more fun to receive.


13 comments:

Lynnda said...

Love the transformation !! Gorgeous gift box! Awesome .. Hugs x

Indira Tanwar said...

Congrats on being featured here Hussena!! Loved your box. The roses are so pretty and the coloring that you have done using distress stains/inks is just superb.

Suman Pandit said...

Gorgeous box, Hussena!! love the MDF embellishments and the coloring!!

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

beautiful n gorgeous creation as always....congrats too for being featured.

SD pooja said...

Lovely box ! Hussena's projects are visual treats ...this one being no exception ! I am loving the celebration posts Yvonne ! Each Day I get to see a wonderful project by amazing guest ! Thanks .

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks really gorgeous....that texture paste is fab & I must say the toblerones look rather nice, too:):):)

Tanvi said...

As usual a fabulous transformation Hussena, simply gorgeous.

Crafterkhush said...

This is gorgeous.. I want the toblerone and the box.. :D

Unknown said...

Wow Congrats on being featured here.Its my dream to get featured at Yyam's and Lessology.and what a gorgeous box!Who cares about the chocolates when you get to hoard a box like this.awesome job as usual.

Hussena said...

Thank you so much Yvonne for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be a GD for this birthday celebration..I so enjoyed creating this box :) ..And thank you each and everyone for all the appreciation :) ..And khushboo ..Would love to gift you this box and chocolates of course :) :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So happy you are here with us this month!! I loveeeeeeeeee this box!! GORGEOUS colors and flowers!!!

Michelle said...

A beautiful box! sigh....I was all chocolates came in boxes so pretty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome!!