Apr 10, 2014

LESSology Challenge #35: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-35-Tic-Tag-Toe-design-team-projects_zps960c1f87.jpg


Hope you have been inspired by the design team projects featuring the use of tags so far. Why not check out how design team member Mitra Pratt was inspired by LESSology Challenge #35: Tic Tag Toe?

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg

I had a nearly trashed plastic gold frame that was begging for an overhaul! I still wanted to display photos but in an easier way to change them up.


It was also slightly warped due to it's age and being in the sun at the last house. So, it was needing a change & a bit of a disguise in the form of hand rolled flowers!

























Here is what I started with! Patti wanted you to see how sorry that frame looked....she was quite embarrassed with all the really old photos!

I removed the glass, ditched most of the old photos, and hot glued in the black backing. You can also see the old vintage lace that I modged podged in.

The black background was also spritzed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist giving it a bit of a shimmer. Also spritzed the lace just a bit with mists and used gold shimmer modge podge.

One of my favorite parts of this whole project was adding a lovely JOY tag gifted to me from Helen over at Scrap Addict. It goes along nicely with our newest challenge here at LESSology to use a tag or tags on your project.

I actually have used quite a few tags on this piece. I had some that were over ten years old!











If you look behind the school photos, you'll see the edge of a tag that says "report card" that was used with a die cutting machine and cut along with other scraps in a scallop. I am using those as place holders for my photos with my dyed clothes pins. I downloaded a digital image from Etsy called Faded Roses that really helped pull those scallops together. 



Here is my new recently old frame on display in our bedroom! The rolled roses & black background go along with my other frames. I hope you'll play along with us this month here at LESSology!

5 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

That's a lovely room decor and what an idea to display old photographs. So colorful Mittra, loved it.

SD pooja said...

I loved it !! Fantastic make over of the old frame and that vintage tags are just gorgeous !

Lizzy Hill said...

Wowsies! I really, really love this...it's sorta got a 1950s vibe about it....neat idea for the almost chucked tray, too:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I love love love what you did with that frame!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful transformation.Love the idea.