Aug 8, 2014

LESSology Challenge #39: Creative inspiration of Lizzy Hill

 photo Challenge-39-design-team_zps1326299b.jpg'

Greetings friends! Hope you've had a great week of inspiration from the design team for LESSology Challenge #39: Fluttering Butterflies. How about one last one before we head into the weekend? Design team member Lizzy Hill has a beautiful upcycled box to share!


 photo Design-team-member-Lizzy_zps8033ad7b.jpg  

Hello my scrappy friends! Lizzy with you today to share an OTP project this month. Featuring butterflies.

Now, I'm not much of a butterfly or flower person - but I'm slowly getting my study to look a little Vintage French as I alter my containers. So, on a small shelf I have these containers:


I decided to upcycle the GREEN BOX - this is where I keep my stamps. Here's what it looked like when I'd finished:

I think it looks SLIGHTLY better, LOL ----don't you??!!!!!!
It took quite some work. I'm gonna post the photos - & try not write too much! Here we go!!!



 

 

 
 This created a 'basis' for the box....next I decorated:)
 

 More Gesso.....
 
 Distress ink sponged on....the butterflies stamped with STAZ ON [water resistant ink]
 
 Then I added some die cut butterflies & rubbed in some SILKS ACRYLIC GLAZE in gold for a nice sheen.....Finally a coat of Acrylic Glaze to protect it all!
The finished stamp box:


 I added some butterflies inside as well:)

And finally, the front side:


I hope you've gotten some ideas on 'upcycling' that you can also use from this step by step.
And I didn't write too much ---- v proud of myself!!!
Any questions, just ask - thanks for looking & hoping to see your AMAZING butterfly creations:):)
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

8 comments:

Radhika said...

Amazing :)

SD pooja said...

Better ?? ts looking fab Lizzy !

Hussena said...

What a fantastic upcycling ..I love the end result so much ..it looks gorgeous !!

Lizzyc said...

Definitely looks better after the makeover, but when you said you kept your stamps in it. Guess which kind of stamps I thought of? Not the kind you lick and out on an envelope that is for sure!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwww! What a makeover!! This turned out AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Awesome upcycling Lizzy! It looks fab!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous and I'm with the other Lizzy, I immediately thought of clear acrylics.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful!