Feb 5, 2015

LESSology Challenge #44: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-44-Tick-Tock-design-team-projects_zpse41008a3.jpg

Are you up for beautifying something old? Check out what design team member Mitra Pratt altered this month for LESSology Challenge #44: Tick Tock.

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg

My thoughts are already turning towards spring and we're only one month into winter! I'm thinking of flowers and honey bees!



You might be wondering what this odd contraption is. Believe it or not, I recall my Dad using this smoker when I was a kid when he was moving the honey bee hives around. Recently he passed it to me for some altering vs. throwing it out.


I wanted to soften the rusty metal by adding flowers, a modge podged image, and a really cool metal bee & clock. 

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I guess it helps to create springlike creations in winter!!! Love how you've sorted of been sympathetic to the 'feel' of the smoker! Nice job:):)

Lizzyc said...

I am so glad this did not get thrown out.. how precious it is.. and it looks wonderful now..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is simply AMAZING!!!

Tone-Lill said...

This is stunning Mitra, what a fantastic creation, and like Julie said... "this is simply AMAZING"!!!!